Reconstruction of interior platers and ceiling decorations
Horní zámek was built during the 1st half of the 18th century in the Baroque style in place of the former fort. It is a rectangular single-story building with a saddle roof and a balcony on the front facade. Not far from the castle lies the Chapel of St. Anne renovated after a fire in 1691 by the designs of the famous J. B. Santini.
After the beginning of the Second World War and the establishment of the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, the owner of the castle Ferdinand Bloch-Bauer was forced to leave the country. The castle was then inhabited by the Reich Protector Konstantin von Neurath and later by Reinhard Heydrich.